Canine Adoptions Made Possible (CAMP) is a new take on fostering dogs. Traditional fostering focuses on the end-game of adoption, usually through marketing and exposure of foster dogs. Our CAMP program works to enhance the middle steps between the shelter and adoption by matching volunteers up with a compatible situation.
Many people are turned off by the idea of fostering because it can be a daunting committment with no fixed timeline. But there are an endless list of activities that can help improve a dog's chances of getting fostered:
- Spend an hour reading a book to a dog at the shelter
- Grab a hiking buddy for the day or pick up a snuggle bug to watch movies on the couch with
- Bring your dog to play group to help adoptable dogs brush up on their socialization skills
- Take a dog for a sleepover or go camping for the weekend
- Sleepaway camp! (provide short-term care respite foster or temporary shelter overpopulation)
- Training Camp (more traditional long-term fostering with a twist)
If you are interested in becomming a part of our CAMP program, please fill out the form below and a UTH representative will get back to you shortly. Thank you!